Above all, APS Environmental Inc. prides itself on professionalism, in everything we do and the way we do it. Though water management systems are our trade, we’re in the business of efficiency.
- We offer our customers the greatest possible efficiency and effectiveness because we have the right people running the right equipment, with the proper training to know how to wring the most productivity and the best results from it.
- We provide our technicians with only top-of-the-line tools and equipment, in the right variety to cover all the types of work we tackle.
- Unlike many of our competitors, we’re not limited to one piece of equipment for any given job. Over the years, we’ve invested in the diversified tools, equipment and vehicles it takes to efficiently and effectively serve all our customers’ needs.
We offer cutting edge service, innovative ideas, and quality workmanship to our customers. To our staff, we offer a safe work environment, all the training necessary to do their jobs with professionalism and pride, and equal opportunity for advancement in recognition of excellence. For ourselves, we run our business in a way that allows us to maintain our company’s integrity, while providing our employees the resources to improve their quality of life now and well into the future, by serving the current needs of our customers and anticipating what they’ll need after today.
COMPANY HISTORY & EXPERIENCE
APS Environmental Inc. has its roots in current president Bryan Hage’s grandfather’s portable restroom business. At 8 years old, Bryan starting helping in the family business, accompanying his father, Steve Hage, on jobs in the truck. By 12 years old, Bryan was working special events, cleaning and loading portable units, and providing service to regular customers.
APS Environmental was born when his parents sold the company in 1999 and signed a non-compete agreement. Bryan had graduated from high school and done some volunteer work, then got married. He missed working in the family business, and decided to launch his own venture.
“I knew I’d be in the wastewater management business since I was ten,” he says. “It was a natural path for me to follow.” He and his dad already had a roll-off truck, which they modified into a pumper and began advertising in the phone book to build clientele. That and a lot of hard work got them off the ground, and a bit later, it was time to make a serious investment in the company.
The number of 3-hour round trips they were racking up to Oakland to dispose of their waste loads, made it a sound business decision to acquire their own treatment plant just 15 miles away when it came on the market. With that purchase, APS became the only one with the ability to dispose of car wash water and stormwater, making them the go-to company for these area businesses, of which there are quite a few.
That gave them the edge they enjoy today in the market, which has allowed them to spend more time diversifying their customer base. They have now established themselves with area wineries, who use them to clean tanks and empty holding ponds, and are making solid inroads into the hospitality industry with restaurant grease trap and drain cleaning accounts.
The future’s looking positive for APS Environmental, whose solid core values and modern approach to business seems to be a winning combination…just ask their many happy customers.
Aside from our rigorous staff training programs, APS Environmental Inc. maintains professional affiliations with several trade groups and associations:
- CWEA – California Wastewater Environmental Agency: Municipal training and testing for certification on technical expertise that allows us to help preserve California’s water resources
- NASSCO – National Association of Sewer Service Companies: Helping set industry standards for the assessment and rehabilitation of underground infrastructure, and learning more about the importance of best practices in the underground utility industry
- MSA – Municipal Superintendents Association: Attend monthly meetings to stay current on the needs of our municipal customers, so we can bring fresh ideas and solutions to their challenges.
We leverage meetings and events with these groups to network with our professional peers. This helps us stay current on industry issues, new regulations and technological developments we can use to offer our customers the best in service.
We also feel it’s important to give back to the communities that support us. We do this by sponsoring local golf tournaments, soccer teams and league affiliations is several sports.