When rainwater washes over our highways, parking lots, construction sites and farmlands, it picks up a wide range of pollutants and toxins. Then it flows into our streams, lakes, rivers, and oceans…untreated. This becomes a huge problem for the health of marine life, and ultimately, for humans, so it’s important for any government, business or organization responsible for a physical plant and/or campus — which is most of us — to properly manage this storm water runoff.
APS Environmental, Inc. helps our clients to take a proactive stance on storm water management by
- Helping them establish preventive maintenance plans for their storm water infrastructure, including inspection, maintenance and emergency response
- Inspecting these assets under these plans to discover small issues before they become big ones, or to identify the source of unexpected runoff
- Maintaining these structures as part of these plans in a way that fits with the property owners’ needs and does as much as possible to extend the service life of the assets
- Responding quickly to emergency calls because even the best laid plans can’t anticipate every possibility
Many facilities were built with detention and infiltration systems to provide underground drainage and storage of excess storm water. We offer maintenance, inspection, surface cleaning and pressure-washing of these structures, along with
- Catch basins and drop inlets
- CDS storm vaults
- Storm water pipelines
- Surface areas where pollutants tend to collect
By cleaning storm systems, ground surfaces and removing corrosion from pipes, we can reduce pollutants that could harm our environment. This work will also help keep you compliant with environmental regulations and save you the time, expense and discomfort of violation citations.