APS Environmental has construction vehicles that remove earth to create a hole or void in the ground, then remove the resulting heavy debris by powerful suction through a wide vacuum hose. The earth to be suctioned out is first loosened with a powerful water jet capable of putting out an ultra-high 42,000 psi, hence the term “hydro-excavation.”
Hydro-excavation is considered a best practice for safely locating and revealing underground utilities, because it’s
- Less than half as likely to damage buried utilities as traditional dig methods
- Safer than traditional digging; functions as insurance against dangerous accidents that can cause power disruptions, huge work stoppage bills, and even worker death from inadvertent severing of power lines
- Environmentally preferable, since we truck away all resulting debris to be properly disposed of at our own licensed treatment plant
Our Vac Con combination sewer cleaner/tanker and our Berringer industrial wet/dry vacuum loader are ideal for this type of work, including
- Location of water pipelines or unknown utilities
- Pot holing (inspection of subsurface exploration)
- Trench digging
- Cleaning out a sewer manhole or lift station
- Foundation excavation where lots of utilities are in the ground.
- Removing building or demolition rubble
- High-end backyard design, to remove leftover construction aggregates, etc.
- Cleaning off river and stream banks
- Offloading a disabled vehicle’s load to allow it to be righted or towed
- Excavating in tight, confined spaces where not a lot of other equipment will fit
- Tight space work that limits the number of vehicles that can fit in the limited footprint.
Why choose APS Environmental for your hydro-excavation job?
- Licensed contractor for underground work
- Customer service and technician safety training second to none make sure we’re always part of the solution, not the problem
- Customer education on proper application, cost-effectiveness and safety, so you can make an informed decision on your investment in this service
- Equipment designed to handle the work, maintained in state of constant readiness
- Our boom lets us work up to 25 feet from our truck directly, and depending on the property’s level of incline, our powerful vacuum can bring heavy loads through the hose from as far away as 300 feet.
- We gladly accept challenging projects everyone else turns down as too difficult. We know there’s always a solution, and have the training, experience and knowledge to find it.